Alternative Silk Fabric
Silk Impression Printing
Our Silk Impression fabric features the same light, delicate and luxurious appearance of real silk, but it's more cost effective and easier to care for. Your unique designs are printed using dye sublimation in gorgeous full colour. Make your own clothing accessories, bag linings and fashion apparel with custom silk impression printing.
Ready in 1 - 2 day(s)
Pay after delivery
UK delivery: £4.99
Add another and save....
Automatic Photo montage
Create your montage in 5 easy steps!
- 1 Press Start Design and select product options
- 2 Upload your photos
- 3 Click and select photos to montage in the gallery
- 4 Select montage style & preview
- 5 Add to design, preview product and proceed to buy!
Need a bit more help?
Don’t be shy, it’s a whole new concept!
Contact us and let us explain
Too many photos will result in very small images, so we will advise a maximum number of photos per product size. Contact us if unsure.
Silk Impression Printing Features
- Semi-translucent with a shiny, shimmery face
- Your unique designs printed using dye sublimation
- Cost effective alternative to real silk
- Perfect for dressmaking, quilting, furnishings
- Printed in London UK, ready in 1-2 days
Silk Impression Information
Choose our alternative silk fabric for your next fashion, craft or DIY project at home. It has the same appealing properties you'd find with natural silk, but with a more cost effective price tag and easier maintenance needs. The tight plain weave construct prints both intricate details and solid block colours equally well, so whatever your unique design is, it looks amazing on silk impression.
- Custom size silk impression printing
- Perfect alternative to real silk fabric
- Smooth, delicate & cool to touch
- Semi-transparent with shimmery face
- Catches the light nicely
- Effortless drape
- Easier to care for than real silk
- Use for fashion, furnishings, linings
- Can be worn in warm and cold weather
- Lightweight but plain weave makes it strong
- Machine washable and iron safe
- Max print 1.4m x 5m / 5m x 1.4m
- 4 edge finishing options*
- Expertly printed to order in London, UK
- Ready in 1-2 days
How Does Impression Printing Work?
To guarantee a bold, everlasting print for your custom designed silk impression, we use dye sublimation. This process bonds the ink deep into the textile so it won't rub away or come off in the wash. This poly-blend material is woven in a tight plain weave, so fine details and lines come through crisp and clear. Perfect if you've got an intricate pattern. You can choose photos, graphic designs or your own artwork to have custom printed onto your silk style fabric.
*When you design your alternative silk fabric, you'll notice there's 4 edge finishing options: cut on the line, hemmed with white thread, hemmed with black thread or left as it is with a rough cut.
How to Care for Your Silk Impression Material
Despite being thin and delicate, it's a surprisingly tough fabric that doesn't have fussy maintenance needs. Machine wash at 30°c, hang to dry or tumble dry on medium. It's also safe to iron on a low heat, ideal if you're making shirts and other fashion items.
What Exciting Things Can I Make Using Silk Impression Fabric?
It's a very desirable fabric to work with, so it's ideal for a number of creative projects. Got an old bag that needs a makeover, or bought a bag that has a bland, dark interior? Try silk impression printing and sew a new, fun lining into your handbag. You can also make cute clothing embellishments like pocket squares and peter pan collars. It's a firm favourite with fashion designers, given the natural elegant drape, so pick a flattering shirt pattern and make a cool piece of clothing that none of your friends will have.
Try our alternative impression silk fabric, and marvel in the wonderful quality and smooth texture.