Yes you heard it right! How to make delicious Nutella and Mini Smarties cookies!
When we were pursuing one of our favourite blogs the other day, we had to stop in our tracks when we were presented with a photo of one of the scrummiest looking cookies we have ever seen!
The beautiful Becky from milkbubbletea.blogspot.co.uk is one of our favourite bloggers. She has a great eye for photography (one of the main reasons why we love her) as well as interiors, fashion, beauty and, best of all, baking! Becky bakes tempting treats, which are guaranteed to get every mouth watering…unless you don’t like chocolate and sweet things in general…in which you might not like the rest of this post…as it’s all about sweet things! From delectable brownies to cute cupcakes, Becky seriously knows how to bake.
We got in touch with the lovely Becky to see if we could borrow her recipe and delicious looking photos for the Bags of Love blog and luckily she said yes! Yay!
So, without further delay, here is Becky’s recipe for Mini Smarties cookies stuffed with Nutella (be prepared to drool!).
Here is what you will need:
1 cup of unsalted softened butter
1 cup of white sugar
3/4 cup of brown sugar
2 fresh eggs
1 1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
a lot of mini smarties
3 1/2 cups of plain flour
1 jar of Nutella (refrigerated)
1) Becky recommends putting your jar of Nutella in the fridge before you get started, to make sure it’s nice and firm.
2) Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
3) Line 3 trays with baking paper
4) Whisk the butter and two sugars together until they are combined then add the eggs and whisk well
5) Add the vanilla
6) Finally, add the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda and mix until it forms a dough
7) Pour in as many Mini Smarties as you want! The more the better we say.
8) Scoop some cookie dough and roll it into a small ball and place it on the tray, then with the back of a teaspoon, create a little crater in the dough and fill this with a dollop of Nutella
9) Cover the Nutella with a bit more cookie dough
10) Repeat until all the cookie dough is used up
11) Place them in the oven for around 10-11 minutes, then take them out of the oven and Enjoy!
Becky recommends eating them warm, straight from the oven, so the cookies are at their softest and the Nutella centre is delicious and gooey…mmmm!
So there you go! What do you think of Becky’s recipe? Have we inspired you to get baking? We’d love to see your tasty attempts. Tweet us at @BagsofloveUK and let us know (with pictures…we like pictures!)
Oh and if you want anyone to sample your efforts…our address can be found on our website 😉
Bags of Love x