Today is Friday the 13th, a date many consider unlucky. Here are 13 freaky facts about Friday the 13th.
- The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia (also known as friggatriskaidekaphobia).
- More than 1 in 3 people feel scared on Friday the 13th.
- Every year has at least one Friday 13th and at most three- This year has two: today and December 13.
- More than 80 percent of high-rise buildings lack a 13th floor.
- There is no car in Formula 1 racing with the number 13. This number has been removed after two drivers were killed in crashes both driving cars numbered 13.
- Killers: Charles Manson, Saddam Hussein, Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, Theodore Bundy and Jack the Ripper each have 13 letters in their names.
- Italy has removed the number 13 from their national lottery.
- Rapper Tupac Shakur died on Friday, Sept. 13, 1996.
- Many hospitals have no room 13, while airports don’t have a Gate 13.
- People avoid getting married on Friday the 13th – Former Sunderland striker Michael Chopra broke up with WAG Heather Swan just three weeks after their £250,000 wedding… which was held on Friday 13 June 2008.
- Next time you’re in Paris and seated at a restaurant with 12 other diners, ask for a “quatorzieme” – a professional 14th dinner guest.
- Country music star Taylor Swift considers 13 to be her lucky number. She was born on Dec. 13, 1989 (a Wednesday) and turned 13 on Friday the 13th in 2002. Her first album went gold in just 13 weeks.
- Research in Finland has shown that women are more likely to die in traffic accidents on Friday the 13th than on any other Fridays.
Are you frightened of Friday the 13th? Add your comments below.