As sweater weather fast approaches, it’s easy to get caught up in the charm of the holiday season. Mushy Christmas adverts on the telly, the possibility of snowfall, and the promise of new gifts and festivities to come. It’s almost enough to distract you from the worst part of Christmas: figuring out what to write in a Christmas card.
Picture this: you’ve made your list, you’ve checked it twice, you’ve bought all the presents for those who were nice. You picked out the very best cards from the store, while visions of sugarplums and Christmas songs danced in your head. But now, as you look at all that empty space… the inspiration is gone and intimidation sets in. What on Earth should you say?
Well, fear not! Bags of Love has done all the hard work for you. We’ve got tons of ideas for what to write in a Christmas card, whether the recipient is your partner, your boss, or your family.
What to Write in Boyfriend’s Christmas Card, or Girlfriend’s
- Something classic: You’re the best gift I could ask for. Merry Christmas dear!
- Something punny: ‘Yule’ be on my mind this holiday season
- Something romantic: You are brighter than every Christmas light, sweeter than a candy cane, and more exciting than all my presents. Merry Christmas, my love!
- Something cheeky: You can find your present under the mistletoe later. Merry Christmas!
- Something sentimental: Cheers to many more Christmases together. I feel so lucky to be yours. Merry Christmas!
What to Write in a Christmas Card to a Friend
- Something funny: I love being in the Christmas spirit with you. And by spirit, I do mean alcohol.
- Something sentimental: There’s no better gift than all the memories we’ve made. Merry Christmas mate!
- Something cheeky: Based on your performance this year, you’ve retained your place on my Christmas card list. Keep it up!
- Something spirited: It’s the time of year for cakes, carols, laughter, reindeer, and most importantly – love. Thanks for filling my life with friendship. Merry Christmas!
rude: To do list:
Buy that idiot a Christmas card
What to Write in a Christmas Card to Family
- Something sarcastic: You can’t choose your family, but you can choose what to get after you return their present.
- Something funny: Being home with you is far more entertaining than a pantomime.
- Something quoted: ‘The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.’ -Burton Hills. I love you dearly, thanks for thinking of me this Christmas.
- Something sentimental: Christmas is all about family, and I’m blessed to spend this season with you. Merry Christmas!
- Something spirited: Oh what fun, Christmas season has begun! May your blessings astound you and family surround you. Merry Christmas!
What to Write in Teacher’s Christmas Card
- Something meaningful: The best gift you could give is absolutely free: the gift of knowledge. Thank you for everything and have a very Merry Christmas.
- Something classic: Thanks for a great semester and I hope you enjoy your holidays! Merry Christmas!
- Something funny: This Christmas, I’m giving you a homework assignment, and that’s to enjoy your break! Don’t miss us too much, Merry Christmas!
- Something sentimental: This class has challenged me, changed me and made me a better version of myself. Thank you for all that you do, and a very Merry Christmas to you!
- Something friendly: I hope your holiday season is restful and thank you for the passion you’ve brought to this subject. I look forward to next year’s lessons!
What to Write in Boss Christmas Card
- Something friendly: Hey boss man/lady! You’re a pleasure to work with. Enjoy your break, because we’ll be working harder in the new year!
- Something funny: The best gift you could give me is the gift of employment. Thank you for paying my bills. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
- Something sentimental: Thank you for being a great mentor and friend – I feel blessed both professionally and personally this holiday season.
- Something professional: Well done this year, I’m proud of everything we’ve accomplished. Looking forward to smashing more goals in the new year!
- Something hopeful: Hey boss, we make a great team, and that’s thanks to your great leadership. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for next year. Merry Christmas!
What to Write in Parent’s Christmas Card
- Something appreciative: You’ve given me a lifetime of wonderful Christmases, and this year you’re continuing the tradition. Thanks for the best gift of all: my life! Love you!
- Something funny: You’re getting so old that Santa’s starting to look young. It’s okay… You’re young at heart. Merry Christmas!
- Something classic: Merry Christmas Mom and Dad, thank you for raising me and offering your wisdom. I love you!
- Something quoted: ‘Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.’ – Peg Bracken. You’ve given me an abundance of both, and I’m so grateful. Merry Christmas Mom and Dad!
- Something religious: This Christmas, let hope warm your heart, love warm our family, and the Holy Spirit warm all mankind. I’m blessed to have you both, Merry Christmas.
What to Write in a Secret Santa Card
- Something friendly: Hey mate, surprise! I’m your Santa this year. I hope you enjoy your present, and I wish you a Merry Christmas!
- Something sweet: This Christmas, I wish you a restful and wonderful holiday. Enjoy your gift, I’ve enjoyed being around you!
- Something funny: I should have gotten you coal based on what Santa has seen, but Christmas is about giving, so I got you this present instead. Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas from Bags of Love
On behalf of our office, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and happy holiday season. May your presents be personalised, and your Christmas cards be eloquent!